Monday, February 27, 2012

And so it is...

Hello there, world!

I apologize for my lack of blogging over the past few months. Currently, I'm in the middle of my second semester here at ORU in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Life here is a bit different from life in North Carolina...one thing being the lack of trees. I never knew how much I loved the trees in my home state. However, I guess you really never know how much you like something until it's gone.
Although there's a lack of trees and other beautiful things/ people that make Charlotte home, I have gained many fantastic friends to make up for the loss.

I'm excited for the new seasons approaching. For the first time since I was 5, I won't be going to Texas this summer to be a part of a children's ministry that I volunteer with every year. Although I'm super disappointed that I won't be able to participate, I know that God has some amazing things planned for me in North Carolina this summer. Children's ministry has always been my comfort zone (especially with this particular organization), and I've been really struggling to give it up. However, I can't move into a new season if I'm still hanging onto the old one for dear life! Through this process, God has been revealing to me some other things that I've been holding onto that are holding me back.

I guess the best way to describe where I am right now is that I'm in the season of letting go of past seasons. We naturally want to hold onto the things that have made us thrive in the past, but by doing this, we're binding ourselves to our past, and before you know it, you're stuck there.

Anyway, I'm quite excited for what God has in store for this summer...even if I'm flying blind at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment