Friday, August 27, 2010

"Here's your challenge..."

Tonight, I visited a youth group run by old teammates from Guatemala.
For praise and worship, they just played music off of CD's and lowered the lights. At first, I thought it might be awkward. I was proven wrong.

Instantly, quite a few of the youth entered into worship and the whole feel of the room changed. I felt more into worship with just those CD's playing than I have with a whole band playing.

Recently, I've been praying about God giving me new challenges. Little did I know, I would get a pretty good one tonight. First off, I'm praising God and just having a fantastic time in his presence. Then I hear a little voice say, "are you ready?"

Next thing I know, I'm stepping up on stage with a microphone.
I honestly still have no idea how I got from just praising God, to being up on stage. Then, I heard an almost audible voice say, "here's your challenge".

Without hesitation, I started saying everything God had put on my heart. I preached to a youth group for about 5 minutes. I was more in my element than I have been in years.

Where did it all come from? Definitely not my brain. If you've ever talked to me in person, you know that I stutter quite a bit (or talk really fast). Did I stutter up on stage? Not a bit.

It was all God. This is all still processing, but I thought I would share a little taste of my night!

No comments:

Post a Comment