Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Cliche.

The rain today made my day way beyond cliche. You know how you always laugh when it rains when something sad happens in movies? It's always expected. Well what happened today isn't necessarily sad, but it was a new step in the direction of growing up.

Holy chocolate chip cookies.

My lovely friend Sarah left for college today. As we said goodbye, it started to rain. Are you kidding me? Not only am I realizing I won't have a friend who lives near me (which is the only thing that kept me sane last school year), but one of my closest friends will be 3 hours away. Huzzah!

I thought I had realized this a few months ago, but it didn't really hit me until about 30 minutes after we said bye. Very strange. Another thing I realized at that moment was that in 357 days, I'll be doing the exact same thing. I will be on my way to Tulsa, Oklahoma with my whole life packed in my car. This thought seemed so far away - until now. Mom told me this morning to make a box and label it "college things" so I can start picking things for my dorm room. My dorm room. In less than one year, I will no longer be living with my parents. ONE YEAR. Where has the time gone?

Eh. I'm sure just about everyone in the world is writing a post like this right now. So many people are in my exact situation.

This is all so strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment