Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thoughts from a Sunday Drive.

Right before church today, I had to make a quick run back to the house because my mom had forgotten to pack speakers (long story). On my way back, I was feeling quite stressed and rushed. And of course, because I was in a hurry (and quite frustrated at this point), the person who was driving in front of me decided to take their sweet time. They were seriously going about 30 mph when the speed limit was 45. Despite being extremely frustrated and being tempted to, for lack of a better phrase, "not share the love of Jesus" with these people, I got to thinking - you can only go as fast as the person in front of you. Although this may seem like an obvious observation, think of it in the not-so-literal terms.

Whether it be a celebrity, family member, or friend, we all have people that we look up to or follow. However, when we decide to have role models that might not necessarily be the best influence on our lives, it's like we get put on hold. Although we should be going (a hypothetical) 45 miles per hour, we get stuck inching along because we're following a slow driver.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this makes much sense. However, I thought I'd share my thoughts :)

Much love,
Charis

No comments:

Post a Comment